Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Man, a Chair and a "Baby".


A Man, a chair and a "Baby". Sounds like the beginning of a bad joke. You know, they all walk in to a bar and the Man says to the Chair....


Alas, in the Miller family this is not the start of a poorly constructed comedy routine, but the sad state of affairs in our home. You see, for those of you who haven't been paying attention, there are five human Millers and two animal Millers. Mark, Myself, Emmy, Sarah and Mackenzie are the human side, while Mae Westie and Bo-bo Katty are our four legged companions. So when it comes to seating around the family room television there's definitely a hierarchy. The most prized spot is THE BIG GREEN CHAIR. Well loved (and chewed on) it is the best place to curl up. Mark gets that seat. If he's not home I get it, then Emmy and so on down the line. If someone happens to be sitting in the most coveted of seats she may be told to get out by someone who is higher up in the food chain. I've done it to the kids MANY times and Mark has booted me out more than once.


So maybe you can understand my indignant shock this morning when Mark parked his butt in the most uncomfortable seat in the house so that the CAT (his BABY!) could remain curled up in the big green chair. Kids, look outside and see if the sky is filled with pigs! Have I entered Bizzaro world? I hope the fur that cat leaves on the seat gives him an allergy attack.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am wife to Mark and mother to three teenage children. That puts me right in the middle of a teenage wasteland. Someone help me now!