Friday, January 2, 2009

Can Daniel Radcliffe be any hotter?


I consider myself a reader. I read two or three books a month. Not anything heavy duty, mind you. I read almost strictly fiction and I read almost everything the kids read so we're not talking the most mind boggling stuff here. I've read all the Harry Potter books, all four of the Twilight books, I've traveled along with all the Pants books, I have sought out Inkheart and I wept at the end of The Amber Spy Glass. I've also read a good deal of John Irving's work, almost everything by Stephen King and right now I'm working on Jodi Picoult. Throw in my healthy obsession with craft magazines and books, a newspaper here or there and of course all my favorite websites and I spend a great deal of time with my nose betwixt the pages.


So as someone who considers herself a decently read person, I found it unsettling when the 16 year-old began reading, dissecting, understanding and quoting to me books that I had always found, well, a little bit dry. Right now she's reading (she may be done) a book by Henry David Thoreau. A light hearted novel about giving up everything and living in a tree trunk. Cool. I thought to myself, "Time to step up to the plate, ol' gal. Let's get in there and read some classics!" ( You may be wondering at this point what all this has to do with Harry, hang in there, it's coming.)


So I went web surfing to find a good list. You know, one of those lists that tells you all the big profound books you should read before you die. Some how, some way, with some weird combination of words typed into the google search I came upon the reading list of one Mr. Daniel Radcliffe. I sure do love me some Daniel Radcliffe, and now that he's completely legal there isn't any reason to hide it. But I'm getting sidetracked, back to the reading.


MY GAWD! That young man has read himself some books! Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie, Laughter in the Dark by Nabokov, In Watermelon Sugar by Richard Brautigan, Germinal by Emile Zola, The War of Don Emmanuels Nether Parts by Louis De Bernieres...and that's just a few. He makes my reading list look like Spot and Dot go to the Park. SO now, not only am I being out read by the high school student living in my house, I'm being outdone by every one's favorite boy WIZARD!!! The worst part is that I find all that reading incredibly attractive, as if all that boy's good looks, charm and money weren't enough. Oh Harry, TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am wife to Mark and mother to three teenage children. That puts me right in the middle of a teenage wasteland. Someone help me now!