Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's cherry blossom time, but we're just getting back from the pumpkin patch.







For those of you who know me kinda well, you know that I love me a film camera. Digital is great and all that, but there's just something so satisfying about the click and advance of a film camera. Plus, I love the excitement of not knowing. Not knowing what shots are going to appear in that pack of developed pictures. Did I get some good ones? Did I get one SPECTACULAR one?

My love affair with the film camera started when I discovered the camera that Mark used when he was in college. It too such wonderfully clear shots. I have had to repair it several times, and when I took it in to the camera shop last time the nice lady looked at me and said "I think it's time to let go." Well, just push me down and spit in my eye why don't you. So I hung my head and walked out with my broken camera. I asked Mark for a new camera for my birthday.

I now use a Canon Rebel. I bet you didn't even know that they still made film cameras, did you? But, Mark did manage to find one for me. So even though I still miss that old camera, I shoot role after role with the new one. Which brings me to the point of this entry. I may have a problem actually taking the film in to get it developed. I end up putting it off, waiting until I have several roles. Then I take it in to the Costco and forget about it.

So I got a call the other day reminding me of the EIGHT rolls I had put in before CHRISTMAS! Well, it was like Christmas all over again. My favorite shots were some of the ones I took at the pumpkin patch in October. We had such a great day, so much fun, and we all got along. AMAZING. So here are the cream of the photo crop. Enjoy!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am wife to Mark and mother to three teenage children. That puts me right in the middle of a teenage wasteland. Someone help me now!