Friday, November 28, 2008

Sharing Thanksgiving.

I've thought about what it would be like for my kids to be grown and married. I think everyone does. With the Miller family being one of those modern combined families, I've often thought about what role I will play at graduation and wedding time. If you only get two tickets to a graduation, the Mom and the Dad get to go, not the Mando. But that's something to worry about a little bit later down the road, right?

Nope. Yesterday I had to share our oldest daughter with her boyfriend and his family. Yes, she ate with us and then went to see a movie with us. (She sat between my Mom and I. Good thing shes so skinny!) Then we took her over to the young man's house where she enjoyed some pie and another movie with his family. We picked her up a little after nine. He's a nice kid, but I missed having her around. I guess this is just the beginning. But I've already put in for dibs on Christmas.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am wife to Mark and mother to three teenage children. That puts me right in the middle of a teenage wasteland. Someone help me now!