Monday, January 12, 2009

FINALLY, an action figure we can believe in.

Normally I wouldn't do two post in a row about the same topic, but as the Inauguration news is the lead story on every channel, I thought it would be okay for me to break my own rule just this once.


Mr. Miller is off to the Big Apple this week for business. I took him to the airport yesterday morning and watched him wheel his bag inside with my usual feeling of melancholy. Sometimes it's nice to have the bed all to myself for a night or two, but after several years of marriage it always feels weird when the Hubby is gone. But I'm getting a bit off topic here.


As I was whizzing down the road on my way back home, Mark gave me a call from the airport. The conversation went something like this...


Me: "Hello?"


Mark: "My Sweet, do we need a Barrack Obama action figure?"


Me: "A what?"


Mark: "An action figure of Barrack Obama."


Me: "You're kidding, right? They don't make a Barrack Obama action figure. I mean I've seen coins and t-shirts, but an action figure?"


Mark: "Seriously, it's here in the airport. I'm looking right at it."


Me: "Can you send me a picture?"


So here's the picture.

I've seen it all now. Is there some sort of merchandise approval committee that this stuff has to go through? Did Obama himself approve the ears on this thing? Is that finger pointing towards hopes, dreams and change? Who gets all the money from making the image of our President Elect into a wondrous selection of tchatchkes and baubles?

For those of you who are wondering, the Millers are now the proud owners of an action figure we can believe in. We're going to put it in between our bottle opener in the shape of Jimmy Carter and our John McCain bobble head. Thank goodness for the American open market!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am wife to Mark and mother to three teenage children. That puts me right in the middle of a teenage wasteland. Someone help me now!